Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Creating geometry using results

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am using the Phase Field method to model two-phase flows in a channel which is created as a single subdomain. Once the simulation is complete, I get the volume fraction of the two phases in the channel (say for example stratified flow) with an interface.

I post-processed it to take either a volume fraction of 0 or 1. Now I get two clear phases in my single subdomain.
Is it possible to create a geometry with two subdomains, each representing one phase, the boudnary lying at the interface that I have just obtained ??

I've attached a pic for reference...

Many Thanks,

Harish

0 Replies Last Post 14 set 2010, 09:44 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Harish Ganapathy

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.