Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

equations based modeling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey

I am involved in equations based modeling for transport phenomena in porous materials. I am using PDE coefficient forms and as well as inbuilt equation systems (eg. Darcy's Law) together in a model. I have solved a model in rectangular coordinate system and now I am starting on a problem which involved cylindrical coordinate system. Do I need to make adjustment to my exiting equations (in rectangular coordinate system) in order to use it in cylindrical coordinate system for PDE Coefficient form or Darcy's Law ? Or if I simply select cylindrical coordinate system while initialization of my model and just enter my equations, the way I did in rectangular form, will it work ?

Thanks
HSB

1 Reply Last Post 11 ott 2013, 16:27 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 11 ott 2013, 16:27 GMT-4
Hi

I think you check

1.the space dimension is 2d axisymmetry
2. independent variable are r, z instead of x, y
Hi I think you check 1.the space dimension is 2d axisymmetry 2. independent variable are r, z instead of x, y

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.