Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Normal stress

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi:
I developed a coupled fluid geomechanical model. my question is how can I get normal stress out put?
Thank you,

2 Replies Last Post 1 ott 2013, 12:30 GMT-4
Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Posted: 1 decade ago 29 set 2013, 21:20 GMT-4
Dear Kimai,

You have to be more specific. There are normal stress components which COMSOL outputs under “Stress”. There is also the stress normal to a surface which you can get as the dot product of the surface normal vector and the surface tractions. Both are also output by COMSOL and accessible for a surface plot.

Nagi Elabbasi
Veryst Engineering
Dear Kimai, You have to be more specific. There are normal stress components which COMSOL outputs under “Stress”. There is also the stress normal to a surface which you can get as the dot product of the surface normal vector and the surface tractions. Both are also output by COMSOL and accessible for a surface plot. Nagi Elabbasi Veryst Engineering

Posted: 1 decade ago 1 ott 2013, 12:30 GMT-4
Thanks a lot. I got you.
Thanks a lot. I got you.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.