Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

solver sequences

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am simulating fluid flow and heat transfer in a cylindrical pipe.
what i need is a very long term simulation (i.e., 25 years) and I am using pipe flow module which assumes the pipe and 1D and the heat transfer module which assumes the other domains (ground) as 3D domain.
I want to do use a stationary sover and solve for fluid flow (pressure and velocity would be the outcomes) and as these two parameters do not change much with time I solve the solution and use them as initial condition for my transient heat transfer in a time dependent solver.
this used to work in the normal turbulent flow module (3D) but as I switched to pipe flow module (nipfl) it looks like it does not work and two steps are not linked at all.

your help is much appreciated.

ASAL

0 Replies Last Post 17 ago 2013, 09:54 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Asal Bidarmaghz

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.