Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Making the Generator 2D model into a Motor 2D model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

How would one change the example model, "Generator 2D" into a motor? Is there a way to make the rps parameter of the "Prescribed Rotational Velocity" property be based on the magnetic field created by the coils using something like rmm.Bx?

How would I make it so that it is the magnetic fields that create the rotation instead of just the prescribed rotational velocity? I know in the Rotating Machinery 3D tutorial the eddy currents created in the copper creates the rotation, is there something similar I could do using a 2D model?

Thank you guys so much for any help.
Stephen

1 Reply Last Post 17 ago 2013, 02:52 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 ago 2013, 02:52 GMT-4
the "generator sector dynamics/ generator with mechanical dynamics and symmetry" in comsol 35a maybe useful for you, and if you want to rebuild it in 4.x version comsol, you msy need to use the rmm(rotating machinery, magnetic), and you may also ask the comsol support to share the "brushed dc motor" tutorial with you, that is another example accomplished by rmm mode.
good luck!
the "generator sector dynamics/ generator with mechanical dynamics and symmetry" in comsol 35a maybe useful for you, and if you want to rebuild it in 4.x version comsol, you msy need to use the rmm(rotating machinery, magnetic), and you may also ask the comsol support to share the "brushed dc motor" tutorial with you, that is another example accomplished by rmm mode. good luck!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.