Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

parametric sweep caused material/mesh problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone

I'm building a model involving parametric sweep along one/different lines, since parts change at different rate. One of the main problem I'm facing now is that with parametric sweep, I cannot set material/ select domain properly,as long as any two domains have overlap.
Attached is a simple example. Two rectangles sweep along one line. From the graph, it seems that two domains have no overlap but just one common face. However when i go to materials after geometry building, some error occurs, saying "internal error in geometry decomposition". And in 'geometry' I cannot do boolean operations to the swept domain. I find there will not be such problem for normal sweep (with scale 1). Could anyone help me or give me some hint? Thanks in advance
BTW Does anyone have idea how to do a sweep (say rectangle) with one side changing while the other side constant?

0 Replies Last Post 19 lug 2013, 03:52 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Shijie Chen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.