How can you manage save of 2D/3D solutions independently of the probes?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

In 6.4 release, when solving a time-dependent problem, I simply want to save a few 2D/3D solutions (for example, range(0, (t3-0)/3, t3)), but for the probes, I want to get multiple time points to achieve much greater accuracy (for example: range(t1, 0.01, t3)). I’m not sure what to enter in the “Time Dependent Study” section and the “Time-Dependent Solver” section.

I haved tried :

In "Time Dependent Study" -> "Study Settings" -> "Output times" set to range(0, (t3-0)/3, t3) -> "Results while solving" -> "Update" set to Time steps taken by solver for Probes

In "Time-Dependent Solver" -> "General" -> "Defined by study step" set to "User defined" -> "General" -> "Output times" set to range(t1, 0.01, t3)

But with this, 2D/3D solutions times & probes come from range(t1, 0.01, t3) (while I was hoping that 2D/3D solutions times come from range(0, (t3-0)/3, t3))

Thank you for your help

Best regards,


Reply

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.