Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Big problem--- Microring Resonator

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,everyone,

I built a 2D micro-ring resonator model which stated in one publicated paper.

I check all the parameters I set are same as the paper mentioned. But the problem is , even in the ring, no field distributed. But when I further decrease the gap from 540nm-100nm, it occurs. however the extracted S21 is unphysical, I can not get series resonance spectrum.

I attached my mph file. Do someone can help me to find the reason.

Anyhelp is highly appreciated.

1 Reply Last Post 28 giu 2014, 03:56 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Richie Guo

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago 28 giu 2014, 03:56 GMT-4
Hi Richie,

Have you solved the problem of microring coupling with waveguide? I am a newcomer of comsol study. I also want to build the mode of analyzing the coupling properties between waveguide and microring. If you have successfully built this model, would you please share the .mph file. My email address is guguoqiang2009@gmail.com. Many thaks.

Best regards,
Hi Richie, Have you solved the problem of microring coupling with waveguide? I am a newcomer of comsol study. I also want to build the mode of analyzing the coupling properties between waveguide and microring. If you have successfully built this model, would you please share the .mph file. My email address is guguoqiang2009@gmail.com. Many thaks. Best regards,

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.