Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Line maximum: tabulating data

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I need to take a series of line maximums (for Temperature, say) from a regular array of parallel lines which are perpendicular to the y-z plane and pass through a bounding box in 3D space.

The line maximums will therefore form an array, each data point possessing both the y-z co-ordinate of the line and a derived maximum value from the solution along that line. I need to store this data in a table of some kind which automatically updates for each new solution I calculate.

My question is: how can I use the features in the Results node (or elsewhere) in COMSOL 4.3a in order to achieve my goal.

Many Thanks in advance for any pointers, tips or instructions.

Dan

1 Reply Last Post 4 dic 2012, 23:48 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 dic 2012, 23:48 GMT-5
I believe this is known as a maximum intensity plot or MIP. If anyone can tell me how to generate an MIP in COMSOL 4.3a I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance

Dan
I believe this is known as a maximum intensity plot or MIP. If anyone can tell me how to generate an MIP in COMSOL 4.3a I'd be very grateful. Thanks in advance Dan

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.