Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Help me please! how to draw the magnetic field lines in 3D, as

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all!
I need to add the magnetic field lines (and possibly add metal bars between the head and emitter) to the model 2190 Absorbed Radiation (SAR) in the Human Brain.
PS Since I'm a beginner, then I ask (if possible) to provide input data for example.

8 Replies Last Post 18 mag 2014, 21:33 GMT-4
Sergei Yushanov Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 3 dic 2012, 09:58 GMT-5
Dima,

Use the following steps to create magnetic stream lines:

1. Results>3D Plot Group
2. 3D Plot Group 1>Streamline
3. In the expression to plot, define Magnetic flux density vector {Bx,By,Bz}, or Magnetic field vector {Hx,Hy,Hz}
4. In the Streamline Positioning section, adjust streamline parameters to get nice plot for magnetic field lines

Good luck,

Sergei Yushanov
Dima, Use the following steps to create magnetic stream lines: 1. Results>3D Plot Group 2. 3D Plot Group 1>Streamline 3. In the expression to plot, define Magnetic flux density vector {Bx,By,Bz}, or Magnetic field vector {Hx,Hy,Hz} 4. In the Streamline Positioning section, adjust streamline parameters to get nice plot for magnetic field lines Good luck, Sergei Yushanov

Posted: 1 decade ago 3 dic 2012, 18:09 GMT-5
Thank you!
But I've done it before. And the result was not granted me.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Thank you! But I've done it before. And the result was not granted me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 dic 2012, 02:36 GMT-5
Hi!

Something like this? You can play a lot with 3D plots ;-)

Ralf
Hi! Something like this? You can play a lot with 3D plots ;-) Ralf

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 dic 2012, 02:47 GMT-5
Hi
You must define a region (boundary) from where COMSOL should seed the generate of the streamlines, typically some place close to your source. Or you select the Uniform density streamline

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi You must define a region (boundary) from where COMSOL should seed the generate of the streamlines, typically some place close to your source. Or you select the Uniform density streamline -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 dic 2012, 17:11 GMT-5

Hi!

Ralf

Hi!
Yes I want that! But somehow nothing is drawn. =(
In the graphics tab - empty!
[QUOTE] Hi! Something like this? You can play a lot with 3D plots ;-) Ralf [/QUOTE] Hi! Yes I want that! But somehow nothing is drawn. =( In the graphics tab - empty!

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 dic 2012, 01:33 GMT-5
Hi

check the sub nodes of your plot, something is not set-up correctly, or you are not pointing to the right data set, there can be many things.

Have you gone through the doc to understand what the different tab and entries do ? usually the most important are coming first (on the top)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi check the sub nodes of your plot, something is not set-up correctly, or you are not pointing to the right data set, there can be many things. Have you gone through the doc to understand what the different tab and entries do ? usually the most important are coming first (on the top) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 dic 2012, 05:25 GMT-5
Hi!

I have cleared the solution to get a small file...you only have to re-run the simulation.

Ralf
Hi! I have cleared the solution to get a small file...you only have to re-run the simulation. Ralf

Posted: 10 years ago 18 mag 2014, 21:33 GMT-4

Hi!

Ralf

Hi!
Yes I want that! But somehow nothing is drawn. =(
In the graphics tab - empty!

hi, this happened to me too, how did you fix it?
[QUOTE] [QUOTE] Hi! Something like this? You can play a lot with 3D plots ;-) Ralf [/QUOTE] Hi! Yes I want that! But somehow nothing is drawn. =( In the graphics tab - empty! [/QUOTE] hi, this happened to me too, how did you fix it?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.