Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electric Field in an object place in an EM field

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am quite new to COMSOL and with some help from tutorials I have built this 3D model where a cylinder is placed in the electric field radiated by a dipole antenna.

To calculate the Electric field in the cylinder is it enough if I just included boundaries of the cylinder in the far field calculation physics??

And also is there a way to export the Electric field data only from the cylinder???

I am not able to attach the file at it is too big....

Regards
Priya Natarajan

2 Replies Last Post 25 ott 2012, 01:56 GMT-4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 24 ott 2012, 18:01 GMT-4
1. Is the antenna inside or outside of your cylinder?
2. If the antenna is outside of the cylinder, is the cylinder near or far away from the antenna? (Note that if it is near, then you should not be using far-field computations).
1. Is the antenna inside or outside of your cylinder? 2. If the antenna is outside of the cylinder, is the cylinder near or far away from the antenna? (Note that if it is near, then you should not be using far-field computations).

Posted: 1 decade ago 25 ott 2012, 01:56 GMT-4
yes sir, I have excluded the far field calculation physics. I wanted to find the scattered field in the cylinder and in the Electromagnetic waves physics, i have chosen to solve for scattered field.

I hope I am doing this right. Is there any option to do near field computations (or does COMSOL by default do that?)

yes sir, I have excluded the far field calculation physics. I wanted to find the scattered field in the cylinder and in the Electromagnetic waves physics, i have chosen to solve for scattered field. I hope I am doing this right. Is there any option to do near field computations (or does COMSOL by default do that?)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.