Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Sharing displacement or rotations

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone. Is there a way to share the displacements and rotations among two physics, in two point non coincident ?

Best regards.

3 Replies Last Post 24 mar 2023, 10:14 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 year ago 23 mar 2023, 14:26 GMT-4

Hi Enrico,

Yes, you can use a nonlocal coupling. See COMSOL Multiphysics 6.1, Reference Manual, page 375 and following.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hi Enrico, Yes, you can use a nonlocal coupling. See COMSOL Multiphysics 6.1, Reference Manual, page 375 and following. Best, Jeff

Posted: 1 year ago 23 mar 2023, 15:50 GMT-4

Hi Jeff. Thank you for your answer, is it possible using the tool "probe point" where I could transfer the displacement from a physics to other physics ? Will I get the same result with nonlocal coupling ?

Thanks !

Hi Jeff. Thank you for your answer, is it possible using the tool "probe point" where I could transfer the displacement from a physics to other physics ? Will I get the same result with nonlocal coupling ? Thanks !

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 year ago 24 mar 2023, 10:14 GMT-4

Hello Enrico,

Probes are not a feature of the software I have used much, so take this with a grain of salt. But I was able to use a point probe in the attached toy model to cause a volumetric heat source to be related to the electric potential at one point. So it does look like it should work for you. Try it out, and if it does not work for your purposes, for a more definitive answer please contact our support team.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Enrico, Probes are not a feature of the software I have used much, so take this with a grain of salt. But I was able to use a point probe in the attached toy model to cause a volumetric heat source to be related to the electric potential at one point. So it does look like it should work for you. Try it out, and if it does not work for your purposes, for a more definitive answer please contact our support team. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.