Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Mechano-sorptive creep for timber

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am modelling the mechano-sorptive creep for hardwood. The 3D equation is attached. However, in the creep under Solid Mechanics Physics, it seems we can only model 2D problem. Is there any option we can model 3D creep?

Cheers, Frank

1 Reply Last Post 27 giu 2022, 03:37 GMT-4
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago 27 giu 2022, 03:37 GMT-4

As I understand it, the problem is that you have an orthotropic prescribed strain rate tensor. Then, you can use the Inelastic Strain Rate node.

In the Creep node, it is assumed that the creep strain rate is proportional to the deviatoric stress tensor.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
As I understand it, the problem is that you have an orthotropic prescribed strain rate tensor. Then, you can use the *Inelastic Strain Rate* node. In the *Creep* node, it is assumed that the creep strain rate is proportional to the deviatoric stress tensor.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.