Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Capacitance Calculation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I want to calculate the capacitance of a complex structure body. I have enclosed the body with a sphere and defined the sphere as air domain. I am doing the simulation but after 7-8 hours it is stopped automatically without showing any error. I am not able to understand what I am doing wrong.

Can anyone please suggest the efficient way to calculate the capacitance ? Can I also calculate the resistance of the complex body in comsol ?

Thanks

1 Reply Last Post 3 giu 2022, 11:10 GMT-4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago 3 giu 2022, 11:10 GMT-4
Updated: 2 years ago 3 giu 2022, 11:16 GMT-4

Sounds like you have one or more errors in your setup and specification of the problem. I encourage you to post your .mph file to the forum so that others can examine it and offer their suggestions.

You also might want to replace your "complex structure body" with something very simple (like a sphere) to see if your model then solves properly.

Also, there are several examples of capacitance calculations provided in the Application Library. I encourage you to review those. File --> Application Libraries. Then search for "capacitor".

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Sounds like you have one or more errors in your setup and specification of the problem. I encourage you to post your .mph file to the forum so that others can examine it and offer their suggestions. You also might want to replace your "complex structure body" with something *very simple* (like a sphere) to see if your model then solves properly. Also, there are several examples of capacitance calculations provided in the Application Library. I encourage you to review those. File --> Application Libraries. Then search for "capacitor".

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.