Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL Materials

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good day to all I would like to ask ,is it possibble for me to cobime 2 different materials in a single domains? For example i want to create a gold bar 916 in the COMSOL, but inside the material list there is just pure gold which is Au. So if i want to create the gold 916, means i need to mix others materials into the Au materials , I tried but fail to do so .

Dear all, may I ask is there any other option for me to combine more than 1 materials in one singlle domain? Very appreciate your help

Ps: I am using COMSOL version 5.6

Regards

2 Replies Last Post 7 gen 2022, 09:18 GMT-5
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 years ago 7 gen 2022, 09:14 GMT-5
Updated: 2 years ago 7 gen 2022, 09:15 GMT-5

You need to find the relevant material properties of the alloy and replace the respective entries in the pure gold.

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
You need to find the relevant material properties of the alloy and replace the respective entries in the pure gold.

Posted: 2 years ago 7 gen 2022, 09:18 GMT-5
Updated: 2 years ago 7 gen 2022, 09:19 GMT-5

Thank you so much for the reply Helps a lot

Thank you so much for the reply Helps a lot

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.