Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Can Darcy's law model pseudo-steady and transient state?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

Assuming I have a 1 meter long core. Assume permeability is 1 Darcy, and porosity is 0.2. My injection velocity is about 2 cm/s. The outlet has same pressure as atmosphere pressure. So, actually, for water starts from inlet to outlet, it needs about 1/0.02 =50 s to reach the outlet. I want to see how the fluid velocity change between 0-50 s. But COMSOL only gives me one number of velocity. I assume this velocity is the steady state velocity. How can I get the changes of velocity before it reaches to breakthrough?

Another question is, can COMSOL simulate the skin effect near the wellbore by using Darcy's law?

It's most likely I will not get response from this forum. But whoever reads this post and have similar issue as me, we can try to discuss together.

Thanks in advance.

0 Replies Last Post 22 set 2021, 17:45 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Xuejia Du

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.