Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Boundary Mismatch and mesh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear sir,

I am constructing an anti-symmetric bar which gets tapered near the end and up. The cross section looks like a triangle. I am extruding that geometry out 5 inches, then I at that point I create another workplane and draw the same geometry, I extrude it 2 inches but then i alter scales in the end so that it looks tapered and pitching up. So the final figure looks like a triangle bar pitching up at the very end. I do the union of those two solid extrusions so that comsol looks at it as one object.

I am having troubles with my mesh, no mesh seems to be working. I have tried tetrahedral, triangular, etc.. but it always gives me an error and when it stops it shows a geometric mismatch which is non-existent because the geometry looks fine after both the extrusions. I also tried using contact pairs to join the edges that are supposed to be matching but it did not work either.

I am not sure on what I am doing wrong here, since this is supposed to be a fairly straightforward problem.

I really appreciate your comments,

Thank you

Lina

1 Reply Last Post 22 giu 2012, 05:00 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 giu 2012, 05:00 GMT-4
Hi

like that it's difficult to tell, the easiest is to share your model or at least the geometry or something close that has the same issues, if you do not want to show your detailed full geometry, there is no confidentiality here on the web be aware ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi like that it's difficult to tell, the easiest is to share your model or at least the geometry or something close that has the same issues, if you do not want to show your detailed full geometry, there is no confidentiality here on the web be aware ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.