Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Variable 'timestep' is not applicable in Comsol 5.5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Does anyone know why 'timestep' is an unknown variable when used in Comsol 5.5, but it is applicable in Comsol 5.4.

Thanks

All the best,

Songcai

4 Replies Last Post 30 nov 2020, 10:23 GMT-5
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 3 years ago 25 nov 2020, 07:05 GMT-5

Hi Songcai,

The timestep variable is still present in version 5.5 (and in version 5.6). Are you sure that you used it in a time-dependent study in COMSOL version 5.5?

Best regards, Magnus Ringh

Hi Songcai, The `timestep` variable is still present in version 5.5 (and in version 5.6). Are you sure that you used it in a time-dependent study in COMSOL version 5.5? Best regards, Magnus Ringh

Posted: 3 years ago 29 nov 2020, 00:44 GMT-5

Hi Songcai,

The timestep variable is still present in version 5.5 (and in version 5.6). Are you sure that you used it in a time-dependent study in COMSOL version 5.5?

Best regards, Magnus Ringh

Thanks for your reply, Magnus. I am sure that i used a time-dependent solver in my study. You can see from the attached screenshot.

Thanks,

All the best,

Songcai

>Hi Songcai, > >The `timestep` variable is still present in version 5.5 (and in version 5.6). Are you sure that you used it in a time-dependent study in COMSOL version 5.5? > >Best regards, >Magnus Ringh Thanks for your reply, Magnus. I am sure that i used a time-dependent solver in my study. You can see from the attached screenshot. Thanks, All the best, Songcai ![](http://)

Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 3 years ago 30 nov 2020, 05:28 GMT-5

Hi Songcai,

It might be that you use the timestep variable where it is not available. It is only available in solver settings during the solution process, such as in a Stop Condition node to stop the solver's time stepping when the time step reaches some threshold value.

Best regards,

Magnus Ringh

Hi Songcai, It might be that you use the `timestep` variable where it is not available. It is only available in solver settings during the solution process, such as in a **Stop Condition** node to stop the solver's time stepping when the time step reaches some threshold value. Best regards, Magnus Ringh

Posted: 3 years ago 30 nov 2020, 10:23 GMT-5

Hi Songcai,

It might be that you use the timestep variable where it is not available. It is only available in solver settings during the solution process, such as in a Stop Condition node to stop the solver's time stepping when the time step reaches some threshold value.

Best regards,

Magnus Ringh

Hi, Magnus. I see what you mean, but I have just tried it in version 5.6, it works well. The screenshot from version 5.6 is attached. Of course, it is applicable in Comsol 5.4 as well.

Thanks,

All the best,

Songcai

>Hi Songcai, > >It might be that you use the `timestep` variable where it is not available. It is only available in solver settings during the solution process, such as in a **Stop Condition** node to stop the solver's time stepping when the time step reaches some threshold value. > >Best regards, > >Magnus Ringh Hi, Magnus. I see what you mean, but I have just tried it in version 5.6, it works well. The screenshot from version 5.6 is attached. Of course, it is applicable in Comsol 5.4 as well. Thanks, All the best, Songcai ![](http://)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.