Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

User manuals and Orthotropic material parameters

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am new to COMSOL and are looking for relevant user manuals (in this case for the solid / structural Mechanics module. Specifically I am looking for in depth manuals explaining the different interface options. I have found the 'Structural Mechanics Module User's Guide', but this mainly contains theory and explanations, and does not go in depth with the interface options. Where can I find such a manual?

For instance: I am modelling a simple solid with an orthotropic material. In the Material settings I have chosen an orthotropic material under 'Material Properties' and are to fill out the fields in the 'Material constants' section. I am to enter three E-moduli, shear moduli and Poisson's ratios (having a 'Orthotropic' 'Property group'), but I apparently also need to enter another E-modulus, shear modulus and density (having a 'Basic' 'Property group'). I don't know what these extra basic properties (except for the density) are, and I would like to have these explained in a manual.

1 Reply Last Post 25 mar 2020, 05:22 GMT-4
Kristian Rye Jensen COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 25 mar 2020, 05:22 GMT-4

Hi David,

I have moved your question to our support system.

Best regards, Kristian

-------------------
Kristian Rye Jensen
COMSOL DK
Hi David, I have moved your question to our support system. Best regards, Kristian

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.