Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Integration of current density vector (J) on a surface

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I have understanding problem with results of integration of current density vector (J) on a surface. The J vector have same norm and tang (mostly x direction) component as you can see on uploaded pictures.

When I integrate it on a surface (XY plane, with same z=0.53 mm), i have result for norm (z direction), which is approximatly 1 A, this is acceptable for this model. But in the same time, i have result for tangent (x, y direction). In case of y direction is approximatly 0 A, which is acceptable, but in x direction its not even close to 0 A.

I understand that J vector had x component, but have can i have not 0 A as a result of integration of current density vector on a surface wich is an XY plane (same z=0.53 mm, ergo x, y components are paralell with this surface)? Or do I missing something? If I am, than what is physical meaning behind that?

Thanks for every help, and sorry for my eng. :)

0 Replies Last Post 19 mar 2020, 07:58 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Körmöczi Andor

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.