Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Porous medium flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear everyone,

Currently I am trying to build a model in which I simulate the flow of air through a concrete block. I am doing so with the Darcy's Law toolbox. As result I would like to see how far the air intrudes based on my prescribed pressure difference.

However, the difficulty I am facing lies in the modelling of the concrete. I have values for the porosity and permeability of concrete. However, the geometry I model is a simple square which I describe these values to. I do not have a complex geometry with voids. Is it possible to model flow through a rectangular geometry without applying complex geometries?

Any tips would be welcome, also regarding the toolbox I am using.

0 Replies Last Post 13 nov 2019, 07:18 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Job Wieringa

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.