Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Change Geometry With Time/ A collapsing geometry with time

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The below post is related to an archived discussion

[start here] I have a hydrogel which is modeled as a cylinder. The hydrogel collapses or shrinks when exposed to a pulsating LASER.

So, I want to model the cylinder so that the radius changes with time. The LASER is activated for 60s.

I created an analytical function of radius and added the variable r(t)=0.65(1-t/100). I find error while adding this function in the geomtry. Is there any way to model this problem?

1 Reply Last Post 23 ago 2019, 14:47 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago 23 ago 2019, 14:47 GMT-4

Hi Suraj,

See this blog which discusses the two interfaces available to model changing geometries.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hi Suraj, See this [blog](www.comsol.com/blogs/model-translational-motion-with-the-deformed-mesh-interfaces/) which discusses the two interfaces available to model changing geometries. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.