Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Water balance of an unsaturated soil slope

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Dear all,

I'm a beginner in using comsol. I have a question on how to use COMSOL to calculate the water balance of an unsaturated soil. I not sure which equations or boundary condition I need to input to help my calculation.

Any help in this area is highly appreciated.

Thanks very much. Larry

1 Reply Last Post 29 nov 2018, 08:38 GMT-5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago 29 nov 2018, 08:38 GMT-5

Hello Larry,

COMSOL offers an optional product called the Subsurface Flow Module that contains ready-made interfaces to simulate variably saturated flow in porous media. You can find an overview of that product here.

You can check whether your license already includes that product by going to the File > Licensed and Used Products menu. If your license includes that product, you will find its documentation under Files > Help > Documentation. If it does not, please contact your local COMSOL representative for more information; you can find their contact information here.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Larry, COMSOL offers an optional product called the Subsurface Flow Module that contains ready-made interfaces to simulate variably saturated flow in porous media. You can find an overview of that product [here](https://www.comsol.com/subsurface-flow-module). You can check whether your license already includes that product by going to the File > Licensed and Used Products menu. If your license includes that product, you will find its documentation under Files > Help > Documentation. If it does not, please contact your local COMSOL representative for more information; you can find their contact information [here](http://www.comsol.com/contact). Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.