Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Dropping coin into fluid with high viscosity.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am Noivce to this field. I am interested to analysis the fluid thickness between the coin and bottom surface of container. Let's assume a hollow cylinder with 30 mm internal diameter and drop a 25 mm diameter coin. After the settlement at bottom, i would like to know how much the fluid thickness. Also, if fluid thickness can be reduced further based on additional force applied on coin while sink in.

Hope i have explained my question clearly. Please share how to start and analysis it.

Thank you, JS

0 Replies Last Post 2 nov 2018, 12:58 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jagan Sathanandam

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.