Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to add external current density

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm trying to do something I think should be very simple and have been unable to so thus far. I'd like to study the response of a circuit to a magnetic field. This field can be effectively produced by a homogenous time dependent current density flowing through the ambient space that the circuit is in.

So I'd like to just try to get a specific current density to flow through a specified volume of space that I can then put the circuit in. I've tried browsing through the magnetic fields interface, and can't find out how to just specify a current density. I've also looked through user manual it it has been not very helpful. I was hoping someone would have suggestions or a source they can direct me to?

Thanks, Henry

1 Reply Last Post 16 mag 2018, 15:22 GMT-4
Sergei Yushanov Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 16 mag 2018, 15:22 GMT-4

Henry,

External Current Density on the domain level is available in the (mf) physics interface. Just right-click Magnetic Fields (mf) node and you'll see it, as shown in the attached image.

Regards,

Sergei

Henry, External Current Density on the domain level is available in the (mf) physics interface. Just right-click Magnetic Fields (mf) node and you'll see it, as shown in the attached image. Regards, Sergei

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.