Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Creating a face partition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Everyone and good afternoon!

I am trying to make a face partition on a geometry in order to create a boundary condition, but I am struggling to get this done in COMSOL. Please find attached for a picture of my model showing the face I want to partition into two. I have also attached a .mph file of the model. A valuable help and guide will be well appreciated.

Kind Regards

Ismail

1 Reply Last Post 11 gen 2018, 16:50 GMT-5
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 11 gen 2018, 16:50 GMT-5

Ismail,

you will need to add a feature that is suited to partition the face. This can be a workplane in case the cut has to be a straight line.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Ismail, you will need to add a feature that is suited to partition the face. This can be a workplane in case the cut has to be a straight line. Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.