Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3d induction heating model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am new user of comsol and I am simulating the 3d induction heating . I was reffering to the the examples in model library. I reffered to the 3d eddy currents and induction heating of copper cylinder . I made all the physics settings according to examples but I am not getting the desired results.

First problem I am facing is in applying theSubdomain Settings in HT model. If I load the material properties from the library for air there is an error for the Density expression regarding the units.

Also I am Not getting which way to apply the current. Surface Current or Edge Current?? I tried both the ways but the solution is not converging

Please can anybody suggest any changes in the simulation .

1 Reply Last Post 27 nov 2012, 09:14 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello harshad

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 27 nov 2012, 09:14 GMT-5
Hello,
Did you got any result for you model?
Hello, Did you got any result for you model?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.