Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Preprocessing question

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi at all,

I confess, I am a COMSOL newbie AND it drives me crazy :-)
I try to create a 2D circular ring (or doughnut) BUT it should consist of 6 seperate segments of two different sizes.
I want to give each segment an other property. A kind of a profile from a tube which consists of different materials...
Now the question is... How can I draw these segments?
Thank you in adwance for you answers and efforts
Bye
Michael

2 Replies Last Post 16 lug 2010, 14:58 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 lug 2010, 14:48 GMT-4
Hi

normally you have the extrude (for linear) and revolve (rotation around an axis) of 2D geometries or mesh in 3.5a. It is also there in 4.0a (was not in the 4.0). But you also have the 3D thorus primitive in V4.0a.

For 3.5a there is another thread (at least) on the forum discussing aout how to generate a thorus/doughnut.

Good luck
Ivar
Hi normally you have the extrude (for linear) and revolve (rotation around an axis) of 2D geometries or mesh in 3.5a. It is also there in 4.0a (was not in the 4.0). But you also have the 3D thorus primitive in V4.0a. For 3.5a there is another thread (at least) on the forum discussing aout how to generate a thorus/doughnut. Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 lug 2010, 14:58 GMT-4
I am not sure about your problem but am posting the solution for what I perceived.
First make the circle using the circle tool in draw menu. Then, coerce it to curve and then use split object. Unfortunately , it splits the circle in just four parts. Now, you can specify different conditions to these parts.
Hope this solves your query.
I am not sure about your problem but am posting the solution for what I perceived. First make the circle using the circle tool in draw menu. Then, coerce it to curve and then use split object. Unfortunately , it splits the circle in just four parts. Now, you can specify different conditions to these parts. Hope this solves your query.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.