Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

About natural convection

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear
I would like to ask a question of natural convection
How to simulate a heating element within a closed system

regards

Chuck

4 Replies Last Post 6 apr 2016, 10:17 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Chuck Wang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 31 ago 2010, 05:39 GMT-4
Hi chuck,
I'm trying too to model a closed space free convection,
I modeled a free convection in free space in 3D if and i can send it to you,
Do you have any file that can help me doing the model?
If you have any question i can try to help you.

Good lack
Ziv Seeman
Hi chuck, I'm trying too to model a closed space free convection, I modeled a free convection in free space in 3D if and i can send it to you, Do you have any file that can help me doing the model? If you have any question i can try to help you. Good lack Ziv Seeman

Posted: 1 decade ago 29 set 2010, 17:53 GMT-4
Hey there,

I am trying to model a 2D simple heat transfer problem where one side of a square is heated, melting a material. The material starts as a solid, so there would be conduction, but then as it melts there should be convection in the liquid phase. I can not seem to get comsol to model this.

I have a volume force, point constraints and am using the laminar flow module as well as the heat transfer in fluids.

Can you help me??

Lots of thanks!

Robynne
Hey there, I am trying to model a 2D simple heat transfer problem where one side of a square is heated, melting a material. The material starts as a solid, so there would be conduction, but then as it melts there should be convection in the liquid phase. I can not seem to get comsol to model this. I have a volume force, point constraints and am using the laminar flow module as well as the heat transfer in fluids. Can you help me?? Lots of thanks! Robynne

Posted: 8 years ago 6 apr 2016, 08:27 GMT-4
Dear Ziv,
I am trying to model natural convection in free domain.
Can you send the model for me please. It can help me.

Dear Ziv, I am trying to model natural convection in free domain. Can you send the model for me please. It can help me.

Walter Frei COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 6 apr 2016, 10:17 GMT-4
Hello,

Regarding free convection modeling in general, you will want to start by looking over these example models:
www.comsol.com/search/?s=natural+convection&subset=model_gallery
In particular, this example:
www.comsol.com/model/tin-melting-front-6234
Addresses a situation similar to what has been described earlier.
Hello, Regarding free convection modeling in general, you will want to start by looking over these example models: https://www.comsol.com/search/?s=natural+convection&subset=model_gallery In particular, this example: https://www.comsol.com/model/tin-melting-front-6234 Addresses a situation similar to what has been described earlier.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.