Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

2D Sim to 3D circular

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

in the subdomain settings of a 2D simulation it is possible
to enter the parameter thickness. However, this leads always
to a quadratic structure.

Is it possible to enter a configuration that the 2D structure
is a crossection of a circular problem (e.g. circular membrane
with emes to calculate the capacitive matrix depending
on load pressure)?

Greetings
Stefan

1 Reply Last Post 16 feb 2010, 02:12 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 feb 2010, 02:12 GMT-5
Hi

I call that a 2D axisymmetric problem and you have the specific application domain defined, with the axis at the origine and coordinates r z. Now do not forget to multiply correctly by 2*pi when required (or select the correspondant ticks)

standard 2D is in fact 3D with a default depth of 1[m], and the formulas simplified accordingly, nothing else

but I agree it appears "square" ,compared to 2D-axi

Good uck
Ivar
Hi I call that a 2D axisymmetric problem and you have the specific application domain defined, with the axis at the origine and coordinates r z. Now do not forget to multiply correctly by 2*pi when required (or select the correspondant ticks) standard 2D is in fact 3D with a default depth of 1[m], and the formulas simplified accordingly, nothing else but I agree it appears "square" ,compared to 2D-axi Good uck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.