Linefeed in a Plot Title

Viki T. Mechanical Engineering

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The below post is related to an archived discussion

I've tried everything under the sun to get a linefeed into a title. The previous thread, 6 years ago, pointed out that <BR> works for axes titles, but not for titles. This is still the case in 2023 (v6.0)!

I've also tried the unicode characters for carriage return and linefeed (as also suggested 6 years ago) and no luck.

Anyone have a work-around, other than exporting the plot and fixing it graphically?

Thanks! Viki

4 Replies Last Post 8 nov 2023, 10:16 GMT-5

Posted: 1 year ago 23 mar 2023, 05:22 GMT-4

I have come across this issue too! Perhaps a feature request for better formatting options is needed...

I think I further restriction when creating an annotation plot. The tags available for titles and axis labels do not seem available in annotation plots. Some consistency is required here I feel.

I have come across this issue too! Perhaps a feature request for better formatting options is needed... I think I further restriction when creating an annotation plot. The tags available for titles and axis labels do not seem available in annotation plots. Some consistency is required here I feel.

Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 year ago 23 mar 2023, 05:55 GMT-4
Updated: 1 year ago 23 mar 2023, 06:00 GMT-4

I agree that titles and annotations aren't completely consistent regarding what markup is supported. It's possible to use the old-style HTML tags in titles. For annotations, only LaTeX is supported. LaTeX is more powerful, so this is not a restriction in terms of what can be done, but the lack of consistency can of course be a bit annoying. In the future I hope that we can support LaTeX also in titles.

Adding support for linebreaks in titles is also in the roadmap.

I agree that titles and annotations aren't completely consistent regarding what markup is supported. It's possible to use the old-style HTML tags in titles. For annotations, only LaTeX is supported. LaTeX is more powerful, so this is not a restriction in terms of what can be done, but the lack of consistency can of course be a bit annoying. In the future I hope that we can support LaTeX also in titles. Adding support for linebreaks in titles is also in the roadmap.

Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 months ago 7 nov 2023, 11:11 GMT-5

Hi,

In COMSOL Multiphysics version 6.2, released today, you can use linefeeds directly when defining the plot title to create a title with multiple lines.

Best regards,

Magnus

Hi, In COMSOL Multiphysics version 6.2, released today, you can use linefeeds directly when defining the plot title to create a title with multiple lines. Best regards, Magnus

Posted: 5 months ago 8 nov 2023, 10:16 GMT-5

Great to hear! Thanks for the info...

Great to hear! Thanks for the info...

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.