Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Eigenvalue in flux across boundary

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

The geometry of my problem is a square inside a circle (of some fixed radius). I then have two functions u and v, where v satisfies laplacian(v)=v in the circular inclusion and u satisfies laplacian(u)=u in the complement of the square with respect to the circle. On the interface of the circular inclusion, I require the continuity condition u=v and the eigenvalue-transmission condition grad(u).n=lambda*grad(v).n.
For which eigenvalues lambda does this problem have non-trivial solutions?
I was not able to solve this in Comsol using the PDE Coefficient form->eigenvalue analysis. How do I tell Comsol to solve this?

Thank you,
Santiago

1 Reply Last Post 14 nov 2014, 23:07 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Santiago Fortes

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 14 nov 2014, 23:07 GMT-5
Did you manage to solve this problem?
Did you manage to solve this problem?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.