Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Passing Multi-Parameter Parametric Sweep Solutions as Initial Values

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

How do I pass solutions of a Parametric Sweep for Study 1 as the Initial Values to a Parametric Sweep for Study 2? In the attached CFD example Studies 1 and 2 have the same Parametric Sweeps for All Combinations of Uav and l (six combinations of inlet velocity (n=3) and domain length (n=2) respectively).

With a single parameter solved in the sweep, I understand this to be straightforward by placing the following line in Initial Values say for streamwise velocity component u based on inlet velocity Uav:

withsol('sol1', u, setval(Uav,Uav)) .

But how do I correctly tell Study 2 that it should be looking for the solution in Study 1 that corresponds to both parameters?

1 Reply Last Post 24 ago 2022, 10:39 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Brandt

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago 24 ago 2022, 10:39 GMT-4

I'll update this for others. Turns out this is fairly straightforward and can be accomplished with:

withsol('sol1', u, setval(Uav,Uav), setval(l,l))

I'll update this for others. Turns out this is fairly straightforward and can be accomplished with: > withsol('sol1', u, setval(Uav,Uav), setval(l,l))

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.