Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to model plasticity problem in COMSOL if I have the true stress- strain curve?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am modeling a nonlinear problem in which a large plastic deformation of a new alloy is to be done. As a material property of the alloy, I have the true stress-strain curve of the material and the young modulus of elasticity and Poisson ratio. How to implement the data of this true stress-strain curve in giving the material properties of plasticity problem with isotropic hardening in the COMSOL- Multiphysics 5.6?

Thank you!

1 Reply Last Post 27 gen 2022, 14:48 GMT-5
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago 27 gen 2022, 14:48 GMT-5

In this model https://www.comsol.com/model/elastoplastic-analysis-of-holed-plate-244 (also shipped in Application Libraries) you can find an example of how to use tabulated stress-strain data in an elastoplastic analysis.

The fact that your case is a large strain analysis will not make any difference. The expected input is true stress vs. true strain.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
In this model (also shipped in Application Libraries) you can find an example of how to use tabulated stress-strain data in an elastoplastic analysis. The fact that your case is a large strain analysis will not make any difference. The expected input is true stress vs. true strain.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.