Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

double click can't open comsol model files

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Now when double clicking any comsol user model files, what pops up is the comsol start up interface, which is blank. What should I do to enable double clicking to direct me to the user model interface with user settings?

3 Replies Last Post 28 gen 2022, 06:43 GMT-5
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago 27 gen 2022, 05:28 GMT-5

Hi Carl,

This should work just fine, unless you have cleared the Associate the .mph file type with this COMSOL installation check box when installing the COMSOL software. It is selected by default.

Best regards,

Magnus

Hi Carl, This should work just fine, unless you have cleared the **Associate the .mph file type with this COMSOL installation** check box when installing the COMSOL software. It is selected by default. Best regards, Magnus

Posted: 2 years ago 28 gen 2022, 05:47 GMT-5

Hi Carl,

This should work just fine, unless you have cleared the Associate the .mph file type with this COMSOL installation check box when installing the COMSOL software. It is selected by default.

Best regards,

Magnus

Hi Magnus, thanks very much but I don't think I cleared anything like that on purpose, so what should I do to enable double clicking to open model files directly?

>Hi Carl, > >This should work just fine, unless you have cleared the **Associate the .mph file type with this COMSOL installation** check box when installing the COMSOL software. It is selected by default. > >Best regards, > >Magnus Hi Magnus, thanks very much but I don't think I cleared anything like that on purpose, so what should I do to enable double clicking to open model files directly?

Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago 28 gen 2022, 06:43 GMT-5

Hi Carl,

Is this on Windows? If you right-click an MPH-file, then in its Properties window, for Opens with, it should say COMSOL Multiphysics. If it still does not work, I suggest that you contact the COMSOL support team.

Best regards,

Magnus

Hi Carl, Is this on Windows? If you right-click an MPH-file, then in its Properties window, for **Opens with**, it should say **COMSOL Multiphysics**. If it still does not work, I suggest that you contact the COMSOL support team. Best regards, Magnus

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.