Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Transformer, Frequency Domain.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello! We have version 5.2. I am making a model of a transformer with the linear cores using the Magnetic Fields and Electrical Circuit modules. I solve a problem in the Frequency Domain. Everything counts perfectly when the voltage on the primary coil is set in the Multi-Turn Coil. However, if I put the primary coil in the primary circuit with Voltage Source and Resistance in series, an error occurs. "Errors during multiphysics. The DAE is structurally inconsistent. - Variables: 3 - Equations: 2 - Feature: Compile Equations: Coil Geometry Analysis (sol15 / st1) " Please, inform me, how could I solve this problem. Best Regards, Viktor Nikolaevtsev.

3 Replies Last Post 6 dic 2021, 16:28 GMT-5
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 years ago 2 dic 2021, 11:17 GMT-5

When I see this error it's usually because the circuit nodes aren't right.

If that isn't your problem you will need to post the (reduced) model to get any help.

When I see this error it's usually because the circuit nodes aren't right. If that isn't your problem you will need to post the (reduced) model to get any help.

Posted: 2 years ago 6 dic 2021, 03:32 GMT-5

Dear Dave Greve, Thank you for a quick answer. I post my model. Best Regards, Viktor Nikolaevtsev.

Dear Dave Greve, Thank you for a quick answer. I post my model. Best Regards, Viktor Nikolaevtsev.

Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 years ago 6 dic 2021, 16:28 GMT-5

As posted, this model solves for me without any errors. However the mesh is not very satisfactory (several warnings) and the use of infinite elements would allow you to reduce the size of the air box while still retaining accuracy. Invoking symmetry would also reduce your solve time.

As posted, this model solves for me without any errors. However the mesh is not very satisfactory (several warnings) and the use of infinite elements would allow you to reduce the size of the air box while still retaining accuracy. Invoking symmetry would also reduce your solve time.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.