Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Prestressed eigenfrequency analysis on assembly structures with contact boundary condition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

i'm now considering two solid domains that do not adjoin each other in the initial condition (the geometry is set up with 'form assembly' option).

I want to solve a 'prestressed eigenfrequency' problem for the structure: the 'stationary' analysis in the first step and 'eigenfrequency' analysis in the second step.

In the stationary analysis, after deformation, two geometric domains contact to each other. ('contact pairs' are defined in the 'definition' regime & 'contact' boundary condition is used in the 'physics' regime)

I want to conduct the eigenfrequency analysis on the structure specifically in the adjoining (contact) state.

My questions are.... (1) when i implement the above two-step analyses, the contact state is still valid in the eigenfrequency analysis step? i.e., Is the eigenfrequency analysis conducted for the adjoining state of structure?

(2) After the stationary analysis, i exported the deformed geometry by impelementing 'remesh deformed configuration'. In the updated 'deformed configuration mesh' regime, i want to manually remesh the structure considering the adjointing state; i want mesh elements specifically in the contact area to be connected. How can i do this?

please give any advice to me. thanks.

0 Replies Last Post 17 set 2021, 18:53 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hyung Jin Lee

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.