Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol-Matlab Livelink

Swarnadhar Padamuttam

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear sir I am using presently Comsol5.4 and Matlab R2018b versions. I have comsol 4.2a and Matlab R2013b versions code. If i run this code Using my present versions (Comsol5.4 and Matlab R2018b ), I got somany errors. Is there any difference if versions are changed. Please help me. I am attaching the screen shots also.

1 Reply Last Post 20 set 2021, 04:25 GMT-4
Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago 20 set 2021, 04:25 GMT-4

Hi Swarnadhar

Your script that contains calls to flclear, fem.const etc. are older than Comsol version 4.0, which was released in 2010. The commands for using Matlab with Comsol changed at that time. You can't use the old script anymore.

I suggest that you recreate the model using the Comsol user interface using a modern version of Comsol. Once you have done that you can use LiveLink for Matlab to automate the interaction between Comsol and Matlab.

I your screenshots I also see error messages related to general Matlab errors. You need to inspect your scripts for proper naming of variables etc.

-------------------
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
Hi Swarnadhar Your script that contains calls to flclear, fem.const etc. are older than Comsol version 4.0, which was released in 2010. The commands for using Matlab with Comsol changed at that time. You can't use the old script anymore. I suggest that you recreate the model using the Comsol user interface using a modern version of Comsol. Once you have done that you can use LiveLink for Matlab to automate the interaction between Comsol and Matlab. I your screenshots I also see error messages related to general Matlab errors. You need to inspect your scripts for proper naming of variables etc.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.