Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Processed solution as an initial value to next study.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have a comsol multiphysics model which can calculate the electromagnetic heat generated in my photonic structure placed on top of a silicon nitride waveguide. I use the frequency domain steady state to get both S11, S21 and the temperature distribution at a X,Y,Z position at each ferquency. I would like to process the result and generate a 3D plot having an temperature distribution averaged over all the frequency points. Then use this result as an input/initial variable for my next joule heating physics, time dependent study. Can you please suggest if it can be done in the comsol GUI. Please let me know the steps I need to take. Regards Avik

0 Replies Last Post 4 set 2021, 12:58 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Avik Mandal

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.