Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Multiple phases on a single 1D plot

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

In the Electromagnetic Frequency Domain I know how to plot a field component, say emw.Ex, versus distance (say x) on a 1D plot for a specific phase angle theta by plotting real(emw.Ex * exp(i * theta)) or by using "Solution at phase". It's a single curve. I also know how to create multiple 1D plots under a 1D plot group and show several curves on the same axes, each with a different phase.

But it's tedious to create all those 1D plots if I want to see a combination of, say, 360 different phases. Is there a way to plot this collection as multiple curves superimposed on the same 1D group, with a theta parameter varying for each?

I tried putting in a range() in the "Solution at phase" setting, no luck.

So the question is, how to get a Parametric Sweep "like" behavior versus phase angle so I can make the 1D plots of real(emw.Ex * exp(i * theta)) on the same axes for many different thetas, like I can for ordinary Parametric Sweep parameters.

It's probably simple, I'm just not seeing it.

Thanks

-- C

0 Replies Last Post 20 apr 2021, 21:05 CEST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Chris Nadovich

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.