Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electric field enhancement as [E/Eo]2

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I modulled a geometry using Electromagnetic Waves, Frequency Domain in COMSOL 5.4. All the reflection, transmission and field plots are good. I want to see the electric field enhancement in the form of E/Eo or (E/Eo)2 to eliminate the influence of incident field. Can anybody help me obtaining this plot?

1 Reply Last Post 20 apr 2021, 18:36 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mohsin Ijaz

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago 20 apr 2021, 18:36 GMT-4
Updated: 3 years ago 20 apr 2021, 18:37 GMT-4

You didn't say it, but I get the impression you are using the scattered-field formalism. If so, the background field components are given by (emw.Ebx, emw.Eby, emw.Ebz). You can compare those to the full field components (emw.Ex, emw.Ey, emw.Ez) in various ways. Look up "Scattered Field Formulation" in the Help system for more information.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
You didn't say it, but I get the impression you are using the scattered-field formalism. If so, the *background* field components are given by (emw.Ebx, emw.Eby, emw.Ebz). You can compare those to the *full* field components (emw.Ex, emw.Ey, emw.Ez) in various ways. Look up "Scattered Field Formulation" in the Help system for more information.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.