Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

2D-plate-the initial strain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi my model is a 2D rectangular plate with Linear Elastic Material, the material has spontaneous strain(εs11、εs12、εs13、εs22、εs23、εs33,Symmetry strain) which I consider it as prestrain. Now,I am trying to add this prestrain(plate--Elastic Material 1--Prestress and prestrain),but I do not konw what are γ0(Initial membrane strain)、χ0(Initial bending strain)、ζi(Initial transverse shear strain) under this module??

Please give me some advice,how can I convert εij to γ0,χ0,ζi ???

Thank you very very much.

0 Replies Last Post 3 giu 2020, 15:08 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Wenzhi Qiu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.