Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

"Error: Cannot evaluate expression." in AC Capacitor introductory example

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am just starting out using COMSOL, so I am using this tutorial, and others, to help me get acquainted with the software. Everything goes OK until I get to the "Global Evaluation 1" and "Global Evaluation 2" on page 12. When I try to evaluate the stated expressions (i.e. "ec.Y11" and "imag(ec.Y11)/ec.omega"), I get an error dialoge box:

"Error Cannot evaluate expression. Undefined variable. - Variable: ec.Y11 - Global scope Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: ec.Y11"

When clicking the "more information" link, nothing happens, but as I understand, the variable "ec.Y11" has not been created yet. However, I don't know how to create that variable. Has anyone run into this error before? Can someone help me fix this? I have very little experience with COMSOL so any information would be helpful!

I've uploaded the file I'm using for reference, but I had to use 7zip to make the file small enough to upload.

Thanks!!

1 Reply Last Post 15 ago 2019, 11:23 GMT-4
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago 15 ago 2019, 11:23 GMT-4
Updated: 5 years ago 15 ago 2019, 11:21 GMT-4

Take your original file, go to Study > Clear Solutions, save, and then post the mph file. You will likely get a response.

Personally I don't have a utility to decompress your file.

Take your original file, go to Study > Clear Solutions, save, and then post the mph file. You will likely get a response. Personally I don't have a utility to decompress your file.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.