Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Import STL and convert into solid

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I have an issue importing my stl. file (this is a model created in Fusion 360) in Comsol 5.4: I'm able to import the file, but then Comsol does not recognize it as a solid, so I cannot perform my simulation.

How can I solve this issue? Thanking you in advance, Best Regards,

Maria

1 Reply Last Post 16 set 2019, 14:47 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Maria Mochi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Nicholas Goldring Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago 16 set 2019, 14:47 GMT-4

Hi Maria,

Have you tried converting the object to a solid using "Conversions" -> "Convert to Solid" in the geometry node? If you upload the STL, I can try to import it myself.

-------------------
Nick
Hi Maria, Have you tried converting the object to a solid using "Conversions" -> "Convert to Solid" in the geometry node? If you upload the STL, I can try to import it myself.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.