Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

About Heatline

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

How to draw heatline using comsol multiphysics ?

Regards

1 Reply Last Post 30 mag 2019, 22:09 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello mukitamin717

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago 30 mag 2019, 22:09 GMT-4
Updated: 5 years ago 30 mag 2019, 22:12 GMT-4

Hi mukitamin717 ... plotting heatlines took me one week tweaking in comsol till a got it well, it's easy... 1- Eventually you have the streamline plot, and in the expression you have : x component: y component: you modify the above as follow: and ..... that's all eqt 24,25 from Natural Convection in an Enclosure with a Discretely Heated Sidewall: Heatlines and Flow Visualization M. Saglam1, B. Sarper2 and O. Aydin and eqt 14 from Finite Element Simulation for Heatline Visualization of Natural Convective Flow and Heat Transfer inside a Prismatic Enclosure M. S. Alam 1, 2 , M. M. Rahman 1,, S. Parvin 3 and K. Vajravelu That's what I supposed to have... Otherwise correct me !

Hi mukitamin717 ... plotting heatlines took me one week tweaking in comsol till a got it well, it's easy... 1- Eventually you have the streamline plot, and in the expression you have : x component: u y component: v you modify the above as follow: u*T-Tx and v*T-Ty..... that's all eqt 24,25 from ***Natural Convection in an Enclosure with a Discretely*** *Heated Sidewall: Heatlines and Flow Visualization M. Saglam1, B. Sarper2 and O. Aydin* and eqt 14 from **Finite Element Simulation for Heatline Visualization of Natural Convective** *Flow and Heat Transfer inside a Prismatic Enclosure M. S. Alam 1, 2 , M. M. Rahman 1,, S. Parvin 3 and K. Vajravelu* *That's what I supposed to have... Otherwise correct me !*

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.