Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

read only comsol file

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

When I try to open my file , MATLAB gives this **Warning: The file "\home.org.aalto.fi\bhattih1\data\Desktop\Thesis\Our model comsole\fullmachinemodel_v2.0.mph" is read-only **. Does anybody know how to solve this issue?

P.S I am using livelink for comsol with MATLAB.

Regards, Hassan

1 Reply Last Post 18 feb 2019, 11:55 CET
Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago 18 feb 2019, 11:55 CET

When opening a file Comsol detects if you have write access to the file. If not, you get this warning message. You then have to save the file to a different file name and/or location.

Comsol locks a file when you open it.

If you wish to have access to the same file both in Matlab and in Comsol Desktop then you can use the command mphlaunch in Matlab to get shared access to the model in both environments at the same time.

-------------------
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
When opening a file Comsol detects if you have write access to the file. If not, you get this warning message. You then have to save the file to a different file name and/or location. Comsol locks a file when you open it. If you wish to have access to the same file both in Matlab and in Comsol Desktop then you can use the command mphlaunch in Matlab to get shared access to the model in both environments at the same time.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.