Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Bending Stress and Load Application on layer - Solid Mechanics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to apply an uniformly distributed load on the Module Top surface with extreme ends of Module fixed to find Bending Stress, But I find only Point Load/ Edge Load / Body Load , not on the Layer.

1. Is it possible to select a layer on top and apply the load (Layer load).
  2. Calculation of Bending Stress is not available, only available are - Normal / Shear / Mises Stress , etc.. How could I find and plot the Bending stress of my module ?

Kindly share your ideas.

Thanks.

0 Replies Last Post 4 feb 2019, 09:38 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Aagash Mugilan K

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.