Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to measure a deformation of a cavity inside the piezoelectric 3D object?

Oleksandr Ovsianytskyi

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!

I need to simulate a piezoelectric material with a cavity inside. So I take a 3D block, then I add a cylinder, then I subtract this cylinder from a block. Finally, I have the desired cavity. Later I apply an Electric potential to this block made of piezoelectric which results in its deformation. The cavity also deforms. I need to somehow measure an inlet and outlet diameter of this cylinder as well as its deformation inside of the block. Can anyone suggest me how to do it? I have attached some pictures for better realization what I try to do. Thank you in advance!

0 Replies Last Post 27 nov 2018, 05:04 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Oleksandr Ovsianytskyi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.