Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Optical transition for solar cell

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone I am currently trying to simulate solar cell based on Semiconductor-Electromagnetic Waves Coupling . The main node that combines two physic modules is optical transition. However, i dont really understand how it re-calculates permittivity and susceptibility in coupled node. Please help me out if you have ever tried and done it. Thank you

2 Replies Last Post 20 set 2018, 23:36 GMT-4
Daniel Smith COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago 20 set 2018, 08:14 GMT-4

Hi Thinh, the theory for this is rather involved, and documented on pages 179-196 of the Semiconductor Module User's Guide (V5.3a).

Dan

Hi Thinh, the theory for this is rather involved, and documented on pages 179-196 of the Semiconductor Module User's Guide (V5.3a). Dan

Posted: 6 years ago 20 set 2018, 23:36 GMT-4

Dear Dan, Thank for your guidance. I have actually read that before posting the question. I understand how the optical transition calculate the optical properties but what i mean was those equations in "Semiconductor-Electromagnetic Waves Coupling" node. For example it calculates the relative permittivity in zz component as : ewfd.epsilonrz= semi.epsilonr0_woZZ+semi.chi_re_woZZ-isemi.chi_im_woZZ ( which is equal to er=er0+x'-ix'') where semi.chi_re_woZZ and semi.chi_im_woZZ are the real and an imaginary part of electric susceptibility. And i couldnt find the formula in the references so that what confuses me. Could you please have a look at it ? Thank you

Dear Dan, Thank for your guidance. I have actually read that before posting the question. I understand how the optical transition calculate the optical properties but what i mean was those equations in "Semiconductor-Electromagnetic Waves Coupling" node. For example it calculates the relative permittivity in zz component as : ewfd.epsilonrz= semi.epsilonr0_woZZ+semi.chi_re_woZZ-i*semi.chi_im_woZZ ( which is equal to er=er0+x'-i*x'') where semi.chi_re_woZZ and semi.chi_im_woZZ are the real and an imaginary part of electric susceptibility. And i couldnt find the formula in the references so that what confuses me. Could you please have a look at it ? Thank you

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.