Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Importing geometry into comsol?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I’m trying to model a muscle geometry.
I have muscle images in Tiff format and I wish to load them into comsol as the geometry my model will be based upon.

I understand that comsol can’t read Tiff files and I need to load it through Matlab first… But I don’t understand in what extension (file format) do I need to save the image after loading it to Matlab in order to use it in comsol?

In general, I would appreciate any recommendations on how to load a geometry from a Tiff file format into comsol…

Thanks!

1 Reply Last Post 21 nov 2009, 15:51 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 nov 2009, 15:51 GMT-5
Hi

I may be wrong, but for me Tiff format is a 2D pixel drawings and not vector polyline drawing, hence you need some special software to reformat it.

COMSOL needs, from my knowledge, real true CAD like geoemtries, define as points, lines, surfaces and volumes, constructed one upon eachother.

There was some discussion about NMR image importing some weeks ago, try a search on the discussion forum.

Good luck
Ivar
Hi I may be wrong, but for me Tiff format is a 2D pixel drawings and not vector polyline drawing, hence you need some special software to reformat it. COMSOL needs, from my knowledge, real true CAD like geoemtries, define as points, lines, surfaces and volumes, constructed one upon eachother. There was some discussion about NMR image importing some weeks ago, try a search on the discussion forum. Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.